Monday 30 January 2017

IBD festival



So I've arrived in the UK day 4 in country and it has been an amazing past few days, and no its not been because I have been out partying and having a few cocktails; but because of the people I have met with IBD. Total strangers not knowing anything about the other yet knowing each other so intimately as we all suffer with the same shitty illness (pun intended). Not knowing anyone else with IBD has been hard suffering alone, but now that I have met others, it's hard to describe that sensation of mixed emotions of joy, pure excitement with a little bit of emotional break down as I've been alone through it all and now to finally meet persons who finally can relate and understand what I went and still am going through. Just typing it brings tears to my eyes quit literally (yes yes i'm a softy and I had to get away from my IBD friend so she couldn't see the tears run down my eyes)

Don't really know what to say. Its been a really amazing experience thus far and I'm really looking forward to meeting the others. Haven't been sharing much of our stories as planned more just been having fun glad to meet each other...our fellow siblings of this bloody disease that has plagued our lives. I've heard of blood bonds and friendships forged under fire at war, but never did I know there could be poop bonds lol. 

So far I have visited 3 toilets of Great Britain!!! Yes the cold actually makes me go less and when I am out I can control it and don't go at all except topee...the cold makes me pee a lot. But when I get home gosh i explode lmao. Bit of an achievement to have been all the places that I have in the past 3 days and only use 2 toilets. ones at Nandos the other at weatherspoons and obviously the one where i'm staying... That's a mighty fine accomplishment if you ask me really.

For some reason i can't upload the 3rd toilet lol, will simply add to next post

No comments:

Post a Comment