Monday 13 February 2017

IBD Irish tour

Been a while I haven't updated the blog, I've been trying to get some rest as the travelling actually picked up a notch. From meeting up with fellow crohnies right near my bass camp in Salisbury going out on a quiet night out ending up getting back dead drunk; to heading down to a tiny town called Yeovil to meet half way with a fellow belly. That was fun, we were messing about on the train and missed our stop...several stops later we realised we were in the town of Axminster and had to double back. All fun and games until you miss your stop then you just have more fun. Met up at last with one of the guys i'd been speaking to online for a while, really great guy, tried some British cuisine had some faggots (Brits and their weird names)

From missing my train to hopping on a flight over to Ireland, man I think Ireland is definitely colder than England but my its a lovely place. There's a close knit IBD family over here that are off the groups I am part of but I connected with one of them before coming over here and she rallied the troops and we met up and had a blast! The Irish are so warm and friendly they remind of being back at home. I felt left out to be the only one still with a colon as they all had theirs removed. The Irish know how to party and Belfast was just amazing, can't wait to do some site seeing as I was buzzing from the time I touched down to meet up with them as I have been looking forward to Ireland for a while! (thinking of moving to Belfast once I adjust to the cold hehe) So glad that I met up with her though, really amazing person. Warm and genuine person and she keeps in touch with the bellies over here which is really amazing as this is what I am trying to accomplish. To have a personal connection with other bellies and build those bonds to support each other through it all and know you can pick up your phone and call someone if you are going through a rough time and have someone that you can relate to. Would be amazing if all the other places could build such a personal connection, which is starting to happen right now so nobody feels that they are alone and can have a listening ear to turn to be it for advice, comfort or just someone to vent out to. Looking forward to heading down to meet other bellies towards the south of Ireland. Dublin is in my sites but I've gone over with my travelling as I have gone over my budget with all those hotels, trains and flights. Time to phone home see if I can get an allowance to go to the remaining meets. 

Still counting down my toilet trips I'm up to 11 now. The cold definitely has me going less. Seriously contemplating relocating here later on this year. Also need to get on some meds as I haven't been feeling well lately, mostly tired from all of my travelling and it's time to quit the alcohol now that I have finally met the Irish. Alcohol affects bellies differently. For me rum makes me bleed, Whiskey send me to the toilet after, beer makes me bloated, vodka is the only thing that goes with me and guiness which is great because I can get my iron intake from guiness lol. Just thought I thought I'd throw that in there in case anyone is reading this and was wondering if to drink or not to. Best not to but if you were wondering that's how my body reacts to these, keep in mind things affect each of us in a totally different way. What affects me good may have the completely opposite effect on someone else and vice versa.




 Saw an interesting sticker in the toilet over in Yeovil, I thought it was rather hilarious.
Still amazes me how people can be connected through this horrid disease. Leaves me in awe at the remarkable persons it has shaped us to be really which has made this trip for me such a blast and truly unique and amazing experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment